In Which I Organinze My Brain For TourPosted: July 19, 2011 Filed under: School, Touring | Tags: music, Orlando, show, to-do list, tour, Witherwings, wizard rock, Wrock, Zoom H4n Leave a comment
There is so much to do before this mini-tour! It went from a full-fledged tour to a mini tour becasue I decided to go back to school. This school stuff is getting in the way of getting ready for tour! *phsaw* Priorities! 😉
So I am making a to do list for the next few days:
- Oil change and official recording of mileage. (Hey you, self-employed musicians! Are you aware that July 1st was the start of the increased rate you get back for mileage on your taxes? Get your car’s miles documented ASAP!)
- Make sure all four bands are on board for the proposed show itinerary. (ie. order of bands and the idea of playing two sets rather than one long one.)
- Check in with my band for Saturday’s show (I am SO SO SO excited to be playing with a full band!!!)
- Double check that the chords the guitar player figured out are, in fact, the correct chords.
- Make sure everyone got and looked at the chords for the other songs.
- Pull out that awesome new Zoom H4n Handy Recorder (Check! Woot!) and see if/how it works to record ambient sound while running my keyboard directly into it. I would really like to be able to record Saturday’s show. Recording directly from the sound board and being able to capture audience reaction would be fantastic! (…but only if I can control levels. Need to find a manual on-line.)
- Call the Taste to find when they want us to sound check. The restaurant part of the place is open all day. The art show portion of our event starts at 7, but the concert doesn’t start until 9.
- I need to communicate this to all the musicians. *side note: THANK GOD for smart phones. I have been doing so much of this communication (emails, facebook messages etc.) on the train to and from school.*
- Figure out what the heck I am going to wear. I hate this part. I can never just find something at the store when nothing I own seems to be working out. At least I know I am going to wear the sparkley new bracelet I bought a few weeks ago JUST for Sat’s show 🙂 I feel no pressure when deciding what to wear for house concerts or library shows, but involve a stage, lights etc – and now I gotta glam it up.
- Email reminders to my professors that I will not be in class on Monday. I am glad they find my excuse acceptable, but there will be consequences for missing material. I hope my hard work the rest of the quarter makes up for it.
- Make sure the ipod is loaded up for all the shows. As for Saturday, organize the parts of my set not being played on piano or by the band. I have already made several versions of set lists. I guess I either need to pick one or load all of them onto the ipod.
- Back-up my ipod. It is sometimes acts flaky – like starting the song 15 seconds in. *grrr*
- Create a wrock play-list for intermission. Get permission from those bands.
- Find/borrow/purchase a FUNCTIONAL car charger!!!
- Organize my merchandise.
- Practice, practice, practice!
Okay. Is that it?!?